We are very sorry to had to suspend the Feis activities on the 12th March last, following the Government announcement on the closure of schools. It was always our hope to resume in the early Spring, but that eventually was not possible. However, we now intend to proceed with the remaining events in mid to late October.
The Feis will be held in accordance with COVID-19 health and safety requirements for theatres. We will endeavour to keep as much of the usual format, but with some restrictions:
- The maximum number at any event (including performers, supporters, adjudicator and staff) will be limited to 38.
- There will be separate arrival and exit facilities.
- Sanitizing stations will be available in the foyer, Green Room, toilets and exit.
- All those who are required to wear face masks, must do so.
- Each performer can be accompanied by one supporter. Unfortunately we cannot accommodate any more than that because of social distance requirements.
- Performers are asked to arrive up to 10 minutes before starting time to complete check-in and to observe the social distance requirements. Performers who require costume, should arrive in costume. Changing facilities are not available.
- Performers will sit with their supporter in assigned seats. There will be a two meters between assigned seats.
- Verse classes will be of 14 to 16 performers and the session should last no more than 60 minutes.
- Drama classes will consist of 7 performances and the session should last no more than 90 minutes.
- Performers will go directly to the stage from their seat when it is their turn; and return from the stage to their assigned seat after the performance.
- In classes of own choice, please bring printed paper copies of script. Do not put into plastic sheets or folders. Scripts will not be returned.
- The usual awards will be made, but will not be physically presented by the Adjudicator.
- In Classes with Cups or Trophies, winners can take photos with the Trophy on the stage, but cannot take the Trophy away.
- Report forms will be brought directly to you in your assigned seat immediately after the class.
- We respectfully ask performers and supporters to leave immediately after the session, so that the Auditorium can be prepared and made ready for the next session.
- There will be a one way system in operation, with the rule keep left.
- Supporter’s admission fee, €5. Concessions are available.
If you are happy to continue with your Feis participation, you do not need to do anything. We will be in touch with you again very shortly with information on your Feis Class.
If performers wish to transfer their entry to the 2021 Feis, we will do this. If so, please reply by email immediately with Order Number and details so we can arrange this for you. Please let us know by 5:00pm on Tuesday, 22nd Sept.
We look forward to seeing you very shortly.
Feis Admin Team.